Barthélémy Toguo, is a Cameroonian painter, visual and performance artist born in 1967. He lives in Paris and Bandjoun. He has also worked with photographs, prints, sculpture, videos.
He studied Fine Arts in Abidjan in Ivory Coast, École supérieure d'Art de Grenoble and the Kunstakademie Düsseldorf. Some of his paintings are found in The Contemporary African Art Collection (CAAC) of Jean Pigozzi. In 2008 he opened the Bandjoun Station, an art centre in Bandjoun which also provides artist residencies for visual artists.
His first solo presentation in New York City was at Robert Miller Gallery in Chelsea, from September 10 to October 29, 2009.
• 2013 Hidden Faces, Lelong Gallery, Paris
• 2011 Criminal Tribunal, Mario Mauroner Contemporary Art, Vienna
• 2004/2005 The Sick Opera, Palais de Tokyo, Paris, France
• 2004 La guerre des sexes n’aura pas lieu, Ecole régionale des Beaux-Arts, Valence, France
• 2003 Pure and Clean, Institute of Visual Arts, Milwaukee, USA
• 2014 Jaume Plensa - Kiki Smith - Bartélémy Toguo, Lelong Gallery, Paris
• 2005 African Art Now : Masterpieces from the Jean Pigozzi Collection, Museum of Fine Arts Houston, USA
• 2005 Hayward Gallery, London, England
• 2005 Centre Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
• 2004 Africa Remix, Art contemporain d’un continent, Museum Kunst Palast, Düsseldorf, Germany • 2004 Je m’installe aux abattoirs, La collection d’art contemporain d’agnès b., Les Abattoirs, Toulouse, France
• 2003 The American Effect, Global Perspectives on the United States, 1990-2003, Whitney Museum of American Art, New York, USA